Mary Sullivan has a post on the reasons why customers don’t buy your products or services. Here are the questions people ask when they are not sure if they should do business with you:
- Who are you, and how do we know you'll still be in this space in a year from now?
- What does your product do, and what does it not do?
- Do you actually have a product we can install and use?
- How is your offering different from the other ones we (could) use?
- What critical problem does your product help me to solve?
- Which companies in our industry use your product with positive results?
- How difficult is your product to install and implement?
- How will your product impact the way I/we work?
- What proof do you have that I/we can achieve the results you promise?
At the very least, answers to these questions are the price of entry into a relationship with a new customer.