A good name is critical to the success a business on the web. You have to select a name that will stand out and is memorable.
Here are Business Know-How’s six mistakes to avoid:
1. Getting stuck in alphabet soup
2. Using names that are too long, or difficult to understand, spell or pronounce
3. Picking business names that limit business growth
4. Letting the grey areas get you discouraged or immobilized
5. Being an island
6. Failing to check if your chosen business names belong to another business
I would add one more to this list:
Failure to checkout what the name means in other languages. We’ve all heard the stories like the one about the Chevy Nova. In Spanish Nova means “Does not go”. That’s not good if you want to sell cars to the 55% of the population that speaks / understands Spanish.
Naming your business is a tough task and you only get one chance to get it right.