Buzzoodle Ron gives us some great insight on why everyone should have a blog. He says:
“If you read blogs, but do not write one yet. Start.
Once people start following what you have to say, even just a few people, it is fairly magical. The audience you grow will talk about you, link to you, email you and maybe buy something from you one day.
Imagine if 100 people expected you to call them on the phone three times a week and spend 20 minutes telling them thoughtful, interesting stuff. A blog is just a shortcut to have this kind of dialogue.”
Ron is right on the money. Good things happen when you post good content on your blog. Here are five good things that can happen to you if you blog:
1. You meet new people – I have “met” hundreds of new people through my blogs. People e-mail me and I e-mail them back. The next thing you know I add them to my contacts and I have some new resources to call upon.
2. You can help people – This is probably my favorite reason. I receive a couple of e-mails each week telling me how my posts have helped someone. To me this is better than cash.
3. People offer you jobs – I have a good job. I like what I do. I also like having options. When you blog people feel like they get to know you. The more you post, the more they feel like they can relate to your thinking and they can see the value it can add to their businesses. This is one of the key elements to getting to know people who you want to work with – will they improve the value of your company? Blogging helps them see that fairly quickly.
4. You will focus your thinking – You write the way you think. When you blog you need to get to the point. You can’t be all over the place. This is a great way to focus your thoughts.
5. You’re self-esteem will improve – You will feel incredible satisfaction as you look back over your last month’s worth of posts. You will reflect on the time you put into your work and you’ll realize that you have something valuable to add to the big conversation in the blogosphere.
Start blogging today. You’ll be glad you did. It will help the perception others have of you but more importantly it will help the way you feel about yourself and you may just help someone else.